To find a job that allows me to combine my skills in employee and HR management, policy and regulation compliance, budget analysis/management and marketing experience in a professional environment.
Marion-Polk Foodshare, Meals on Wheels Program Manager
August 2016 – present
Meals on Wheels serves the Salem-Keizer area. Program development, client/customer service, business and agency partnerships to find clients in need, and managing multiple revenue streams and contract compliance to ensure payment. Client base grew 50% in first 8 months on the job. Recruit and manage volunteer base of approximately 300.
Regency Woodland Assisted Living, Executive Director (Regency Pacific Management, Inc)
March 2010 – April 2016
Responsible for all operational facets – physical plant, compliance with state regulations for resident care, HR and staffing (including hiring/terminating, new employee on-boarding and disciplinary/performance issues), marketing, community relations and accounting – of a 36 unit assisted living building. I coordinated a staff of 30 employees – 20 care staff, 4 kitchen staff and then 6 department heads. Managed care for residents often alongside physician offices and outside providers (i.e. hospice, home health, DHS caseworkers and social workers) and family members.
- Grew net operating income 48% over 18 months to highest on record since acquiring Medicaid contract. Managed monthly operating expense of $110K often below budget by 10-15%.
- Brought in patient care revenue 20% beyond budget.
- Census at or above budget (94%) often times with a waiting list for past 12 months.
- Accomplished deficiency-free state survey (DHS state regulation compliance process).
- Capital projects such as replacing HVAC systems and water heaters throughout the facility, rebuilding the facility parking lot and remodeling spaces into new med rooms and offices.
Cambridge Terrace Assisted Living, Business Office Manager (Bonaventure)
December 2006 to March 2010
Managed business office and accounting for a 55 unit assisted living building. Managed payroll/benefits for staff of 50. Managed AP/AR, organized personnel files and resident administrative files. Coordinated new employee training and held monthly all-staff in-services to meet ongoing education training. On a daily basis managed inquiry management system (IMS) and placed phone calls, did home visits and community outreach for marketing. Supervised weekend receptionist.
- AR was maintained at 100% w/out need for any collections past 30 days.
- Due to my marketing efforts census was held at 100% with a waiting list.
- Payroll and benefits errors were very few and far between
Oregon State University, BA
Major in history with 2 years German language.
Linn-Benton Community College, transfer credits
All coursework was transferrable bacc core for transfer to OSU – focused on journalism and history.
- Presented at fall 2014 and winter 2015 regional conference on Woodland’s success under my management.
- While working for Bonaventure (Cambridge Terrace) I Instructed Administrators-in-Training in AR and marketing management at corporate office quarterly.
- Editor of weekly student newspaper at Linn Benton Community College, The Roadrunner – won General Excellence award in 1998 from Oregon Student News Association.
- Authored a comprehensive natural history of Beaver Creek, OR (Ona Beach State Park’s Wetlands) for use by Oregon State Parks and Recreation.
- Volunteered with Northwest Mother’s Milk Bank as a Milk Donor.
- 2002 Volunteer Training for CARDV (Center Against Rape and Domestic Violence) in Corvallis, OR
- 2003 Participated in Corvallis, OR Citizens Police Academy
- 1998 Volunteered on phone bank for measure 58 to pass – granting adult adoptees access to their original birth certificates.
- 1994 Volunteered on campaign for Lincoln County School District bond measure
Click below for resume in Word.doc format